Sunday, April 11, 2010

Her "Little Way" to Holiness

"I am too little to perform great actions and my own folly is this:  to trust that Your love will accept me as a victim... I feel that if You are able to find a soul weaker and littler than mine, which is impossible, You would be pleased to grant it still greater favors, provided it abandoned itself with total confidence to Your infinite Mercy." 

"I made a resolution to give myself up to a serious and mortified life.  This is not to give the impression that I perform acts of penance.  I never made any.  My mortification consisted in breaking my will, always so ready to impose itself on others, in holding back a reply, rendering little services without recognition.  I practice 'nothings' to prepare myself for Jesus".


- St. Therese of Lisieux

No comments:

Post a Comment