Sunday, September 13, 2009

Taking the Next Step

I've been taking a class in metal fabrication. I want to take my designs to the next level. To be able to bring something to my pieces that is original. It has been an exciting experience in making. I am coming up with all kinds of ideas to make additions to my rosaries, chaplets, bookmarks and jewelry. Things that will make them reflect my own personality and something apart from the ordinary. I can't wait to finish my first piece. I'm sure it will be short of a masterpiece, but mine none the less. I'll be posting pictures in the future so you will be able to see my progress.



I'm also working on a cookbook for the Monastery where I work. We have facilities for private and group retreats on Spirituality. I get lots of requests for recipes from the guests who attend. I decided to put my favorites together into a cookbook that the Fathers could sell to those who come here. I'm still trying to decide on a title and have more recipes to collect and write. I'm planning on adding quotes from the Carmelite Saints and Blesseds and as many tips as I can come up with. My cooking style is unusual. I cook according to what we have or what is in season. We get donations from many different places and so i adapt recipes have to use what is in the pantry. I may use the same basic recipe, but it is usually different each time I make it. It's always fun to work things in. We may receive 25 pounds of carrots or a case of spaghetti or someones bumper crop of figs and zucchini. It keep things interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment